Anal fistula ( Bhagandar)
- What is anal fistula ?
- What are the causes & Symptoms of anal fistula ?
- How to diagnosis anal fistula ?
- What are the types of anal fistula ?
- What are the surgery for anal fistula ?
Anal fistula (bhagandar, nasoor) is a tract or a channel which develops an internal opening in the anus and external opening to the gluteal region in the form of boils .There is continued pus discharge from this boil .this tract is becoming more inflamed or infected during the time. Anal fistula is also known as bhagandar, nasoor, .There is no cure of fistula( Bhagandar,nasoor) by medication, if someone develops fistula ,then surgeon have to excise the whole infected tract with different methods.
Causes of anal fistula/Bhagandar :-
- Old rectal injury
- Infection of sphincter muscles
- Anal abscess
- Crohn`s disease
- Anorectal region Malignancy.
- Infections-Tuberculosis, HIV, Sexually transmitted disease.
- Previous surgery complication.
Symptoms of anal fistula/bhagandar :-
- Prickling pain in anal region.
- Pain during defection/ passing motion.
- Fragmented Pus discharge for boil or anal region.
- Inflamed tract feel by hand.
- Pain during long sitting.
- Boil near anal region
- Fever due to infection
Usually fistula easily diagnosed by rectal examination with transparent scope ( proctoscope).in the proctoscopy examination surgeon insert the proctoscop to the patient anal region. And check for the internal opening of the fistula tract or any other anorectal problem.
The Sometime multiple fistula tract is not examined by proctoscopy ..then doctors done MRI pelvic of the patient to find out multiple tract ,which are easlly shown in MRI reports.
MRI Reports of fistula /bhagandar Patient:-
MRI report of the complex multipal fistula.
There are 4 types of Fistula
– Most common fistula in prople occurs due to perianal abscess.this tract cross the internal sphincter to intersphincteric space and comes out to perineum.there is no involment of external sphincter.
-Transphincteric tract crosses the both internal or external sphincter then comes out to perineum.
-This tract passes from the rectum and levators muscles to perinal skin
-This fistula tract is usually developed by supralevator abscess.this tract arises in intersphincteric space.
- Fistulectomy- Excise the whole fistula( bhagandar ) tract.
- Laser Cauglation of fistula ( LCF)-In this surgery surgeon insert the fistula probe Into the external opening,and give some amout of energy to caouglate the fistula tract,there will be no cuts and wound in this procedure.
- Kshar sutra treatment for fistula-in this method a special thread ( shar sutra) is used to cure the fistula ( bhagandar,nassor).by inserting the herbal chemical cauterization thread into the whole fistula tract.
Desi treatment for Fistula ( Bhagandar , nasoor ).
- Turmeric milk ( natural antibiotic and antibacterial )
- Oregano leaves oil ( Antibacterial,anti-viral,anti inflammatory)
call us for any enquiry for piles /fistula/Fissure
dr sunil tank